Absorb spells are a subcategory of Dark Magic specific to the Dark Knight job class. As mentioned on the Dark Magic, Absorb spells focus on draining some type of attribute from the target and into the Dark Knight. These spells include:
- Absorb-MND- Steals an enemy's MND.
- Absorb-CHR- Steals an enemy's CHR.
- Absorb-VIT- Steals an enemy's VIT.
- Absorb-AGI- Steals an enemy's AGI.
- Absorb-INT- Steals an enemy's INT.
- Absorb-DEX- Steals an enemy's DEX.
- Absorb-STR- Steals an enemy's STR.
- Absorb-TP- Steals an enemy's TP.
- Absorb-ACC- Steals an enemy's Accuracy.
- Absorb-Attri- Steals an enemy's beneficial status effects.
These spells can be divided into two sub-categories, the original stat-based absorbs and the newer absorbs, Absorb-TP, Absorb-ACC, and Absorb-Attri. Absorbed attribute points are dropped at a rate of 1 per every 3 ticks until the spell wears off.
Equipment that enhances these spells:
- Black Sallet/Onyx Sallet
- Black Gadlings/Onyx Gadlings
- Black Cuisses/Onyx Cuisses
- Black Sollerets/Onyx Sollerets
- Vicious Mufflers
These each have the effect of extending the duration of Absorb spells by 10 seconds in the NQ, it is unknown if this is increased in the HQ. Vicious Mufflers stacks with Plastron Set pieces.
This mythic weapon increases amount drained from 18 to 21.
Monster abilities with these effects:
- Atomos - Soul Vacuum (all)
- Diabolos - Ultimate Terror (multiple randomized)
- Evil Weapons - Whispers of Ire (multiple randomized)
- Gnats - Insipid Nip (random)
- Leeches - Absorbing Kiss (random)
- Magic Pots - Mind Drain (Absorb-MND)
- Omega/Proto-Omega - Target Analysis (multiple randomized)