- Steals an enemy's HP, potentially increasing maximum HP. Ineffective against undead.
Spell cost: 37 MP
Casting Time: 3 seconds
Resale Price: ~2,565 gil
- Min amount drained is skill + 20
- Max amount drained is skill + 85
- HP drained that exceeds the amount necessary to fully heal the Dark Knight will temporarily boost maximum HP (ineffective against undead).
- The Max HP Boost effect duration is 3 minutes.
- Will work against the Hydra Corps (which are classified as a kind of undead) that are located in Dynamis - Beaucedine and Dynamis - Tavnazia.
- Damage and Accuracy of this spell is most highly affected by Dark Magic Skill, and secondly Magic Accuracy.
- Magic Attack Bonus has no measured effect on the potency of Drain.
- The Max HP boost from Drain II will overwrite the Giant's Drink effect during Besieged and Campaign.
- The Max HP boost effect from Drain II will not travel with you through changing zones.
- The Max HP boost from Drain II will NOT override the HP% buff from the Cruor Prospector in Abyssea. Also any damage dealt with Drain II in this case that is over your health will not be shown just like Drain.
How to Obtain
|Auction House Category: Scrolls > Black Magic (||)|
Price: 30780 gil Name Location Type Mazween Aht Urhgan Whitegate (G-7) Standard Merchant
Magic of Vana'diel: Dark Magic
Absorb-ACC • AGI • Attri • CHR • DEX • INT • MND • STR • TP • VIT
Aspir • II • III — Drain I • II• III
Death — Kaustra
Bio I • II • III— Stun
Dread Spikes — Endark I • II — Klimaform
Magic Category Jump: Blue Magic • Dark Magic • Divine Magic • Elemental Magic • Enfeebling Magic • Enhancing Magic • Geomancy • Healing Magic • Ninjutsu • Songs • Summoning
This article uses material from the "Drain_II" article on FFXIclopedia and is licensed under the CC-BY-SA License.