||Assault Mission - Defuse the Threat
||Lageegee - Aht Urhgan Whitegate (L-10)
||Dvucca Isle Staging Point
||Clear the mine fields
||Lv.60, 3-6 mercenaries
||The Lamiae have hired Qiqirn demolition experts to set land mines in Periqia. You must eliminate this hazard for the soldiers.
||Periqia Assault Points
- 3 Members: 1600
- 4 Members: 1440
- 5 Members: 1280
- 6 Members: 1120
Varies based on the number of mines that explodes. A 66.6 point penalty is assessed for each mine that is detonated rather than defused.
- Susceptible to: Sleep
- Weak to:
A, S, L, Sc
A = Aggressive; NA = Non-Aggresive; L = Links; S = Detects by Sight; H = Detects by Sound;|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
Defuse or detonate all 15 mines. (Note: you must successfully defuse at least 1 mine to win this assault.)
- You are set in a very large map and given a mine detector automatically at the start (you enter at H-9).
- Mines are invisible until you step on top of them.
- When you approach a mine it says "The mine detector signals there may be something nearby."
- Shortly thereafter you will get a message "A Qiqirn mine's time-based fuse seems to have been activated somewhere...". You then have approximately 30 seconds after this "activation" before the bomb explodes.
- As you walk around, the detector tells you how close you are by "Kachink"s:
- Nearby: "Kachink......"
- Close: "Kachink..."
- Extremely Close: "Kachink!"
- When you see the "Kachink!" message, stop moving, and then walk around just a step or 2 to get the bomb to pop. You will also hear a clicking sound which indicates you're in the right position.
- When you are in the right position, the bomb will appear.
- Touch the bomb before it explodes to defuse it. (Be quick - Remember it explodes only 30 seconds after it is first activated.)
- Qiqirn roam the area.
- They hit hard enough to be a threat to an unbuffed mage but have very low HP (about 1500 HP). Most melee could probably solo them easily.
- 1 Asuran Fists or Thunder IV takes about 75% of a Qiqirn's health.
- The Qiqirn have extremely long but extremely narrow sight aggro. (You can easily invis yourself past them.)
- When all 15 bombs have been defused/detonated, the Rune of Release appears at (H-9).
- The more bombs you successfully defuse, the more Assault Points you get.
- The mission fails if all 15 bombs explode.
- Every member starts with a mine detector automatically, so it's possible to spread; there is no NPC or anything needed to trigger this.
- The Qiqirn are very easy to solo, do very low dmg, and die very fast.
- The mines themselves are not very dangerous. The damage can range anywhere from 1 damage to no more than 100 after several runthroughs.
- It is possible to come close enough to a mine to trigger it through the walls or from the bridge section above (G-9).
- Take care when sweeping a room if its walls come close to another room you have not yet checked.
- You can drop through a hole in the bridge to the area below if you accidentally trigger a mine on the west side.
- The Qiqirn track by scent. If you get aggro sleep the Qiqirn and deodorize yourself to lose aggro.