- Dancers (DNC) are front-line healers that can both benefit the party and enfeeble monsters. Not only are they competent fighters, but the TP they accumulate is used to fuel their various abilities. They execute Waltzes and Sambas to heal and create beneficial effects, and perform Steps to inflict negative effects upon the enemy. A touch of customization is added with Flourish, which allows a step to be completed with a variety of bonuses to aid the Dancer's party. Obtained by completing the Lakeside Minuet quest.
- See Dancer Abilities for an expanded list of all Dancer job abilities.
- See below for details on Sambas, Waltzes, Steps, Jigs, and Flourishes.
Group 1 Merits
Art of the Dance
Dancer job abilities are divided into five categories: Sambas, Waltzes, Jigs, Steps, and Flourishes. Each of the dances within these categories is acquired at a different level, and requires a certain amount of TP to use (with the exception of Flourishes and Jigs). Each category has its own recast time, and using a dance will prevent the use of other dances within the same category until the recast time has expired. In addition, the effect of a Samba dance will be overwritten by other dances within the Samba category, regardless of the remaining duration.
- Sambas act as an Additional Effect on melee attacks. The Dancer inflicts the mob with a "Daze" for a short duration with each melee strike; this daze allows other party members striking the mob to drain additional effects from the mob (this effect does not stack with other Additional Effects).
- Waltzes cure HP or remove ailments from party members and Non Party members. Unlike magic spells, they are not interrupted by movement or mob hits (but can be Stunned).
- Jigs require no TP to use, and are typically not used for combat-related purposes.
- Steps are used to enfeeble an enemy, while at the same time generating the Finishing Moves required to perform Flourishes. The enfeebling effects produced by Steps can be stacked up to five times. The more times an effect is stacked, the more powerful it becomes. The Finishing Move effect lasts two hours or until used.
- Flourishes are used to produce various powerful effects by consuming the finishing moves generated by Steps. Each type of Flourish requires a certain number of finishing moves to perform.
Combat Skill Ratings
See Dancer Skill Caps for a by-level breakdown of Weapon Skill limits.
- To see a side by side comparison of Artifact/Relic sets visit Dancer Artifact/Relic Sets Comparison.
- To see a side by side comparison of Empyrean sets visit Charis Sets Comparison.