- Violent Flourish acts as a normal hit with your weapon, just with the chance of an added effect of stun; i.e. if it lands, you will do damage like a normal hit, and gain the TP to go with it.
- This move can skillup weapons. This can be useful when skilling up longer delay weapons. It will reset the swing timer but can proc skillups.
- If the Stun effect is successful, it will state this in the chat log along with the damage. If unsuccessful, it will simply show the damage.
- Note that this ability has two accuracy checks: a physical check (to see if Violent Flourish actually hits) and a magical check (to see if the stun effect is successful). This is similar to the Blue Mage spell, Head Butt.
- Rate of stun success is fairly high on weaker monsters.
- Rate of stun drastically increases from successive applications of Stutter Step, as the stun effect of the flourish is a magical effect.
- Stacks with Sneak Attack, allowing a bypass of the physical accuracy check if successful. This may also increase chance of stun.
- Wearing Etoile Casaque greatly increases the chance of stun.
- This will also one-shot Chigoes.
- /ja "Violent Flourish" <t>