- Available after completing the quests Save My Son and Path of the Beastmaster, these experts in monster research have trained tirelessly to communicate with, and even control the animals of Vana'diel. Based on their knowledge of beasts, Beastmasters (BST) can charm the beasts of Vana'diel to fight alongside them or obtain items that summon beasts called Familiars through the Call Beast job ability.
- Beastmasters are generally considered the best solo job in the game. Beastmasters often can be found soloing monsters or teaming up with other Beastmasters in all-Beastmaster parties. In a conventional party, a Beastmaster will most frequently fill the roles of damage dealer and puller, and augment their damage with "Jug Pets".
Group 1 Merits
Pet's Effect on Experience
- No experience point penalty is incurred unless the charmed pet is a higher level than the Beastmaster.
- If the Beastmaster uses a pet of a higher level than the highest level party member, the pet's level is used as the highest level party member for purposes of calculating Experience Points. A Beastmaster's pet has no other effects on Experience Points.
- Call Beast will always summon a pet 0-2 levels lower than the BST (depending upon your equipment), so no xp penalty will incur when using them.
- Killing a pet that has turned away from your charm will give you no exp.
- You cannot gain exp from a released pet until it has recovered all of its HP.
- In Salvage, all pets' stats are locked with the master's. This means if your HP is locked, for example, your pet's HP is locked as well. Using a cell to remove a lock also removes the lock from the pet.
- Pets will be lost when Level Sync goes into effect if you are above the party member that is being synced to.
Combat Skill Ratings
See Beastmaster Skill Caps for a by-level breakdown of Weapon Skill limits.
- To see a side-by-side comparison of Artifact/Relic sets visit Beastmaster Artifact/Relic Sets Comparison.
- To see a side-by-side comparison of Empyrean sets visit Ferine Sets Comparison.
- To see a side-by-side comparison of the Item Level 109 Reforged sets visit Beastmaster Reforged Armor Sets
- To see a side-by-side comparison of the Item Level 119 Reforged sets visit Beastmaster Reforged Armor Sets +1