- Tames a monster to fight by your side.
- Obtained: Beastmaster Level 1
- Recast Time: 0:15
- Duration: Varies - see table below for exact durations
- The success rate of this ability is directly affected by Charisma, the Beastmaster's level, and the target's level.
- The Gauge ability estimates success for target to be Charmed.
- Light Staff and Apollo's Staff grant an extra 10%/15% success rate, respectively.
- Charisma also increases the resistance against Charm (from a monster that uses Charm).
- Gear with Charm + does not affect the success rate of Charm, but increases the duration of the Charm.
- Each +1 to Charm increases the duration of charm by 5%; +20 Charm doubles the duration of charm.
- If Charm fails, the mob will engage in battle against you.
- Some mobs cannot be charmed. Using Charm on a mob that cannot be charmed will Bind the mob for a short period of time; it will then engage in battle against you.
- Charm cannot be used if the Beastmaster has an active pet.
- When Charm expires, the former pet will attack you unless you are at least 30' away; mobs that track by scent may track you unless you are under Deodorize effect.
- See also Beastmaster Charm Guide.
- Charm cannot be used on an enemy that is in Call for Help status.
- Charm cannot be used on another Beastmaster's pet.
- Charm cannot be used on Beastmen or Arcana.
- Charm cannot be used on fished-up mobs.
- Charm cannot be used on mobs in Abyssea.
Beastmaster Support Job
When Beastmaster is set as a support job; Charm is affected by the main level of your Beastmaster job.
- For example, if your Beastmaster job is level 40 and is set as a sub for a level 75 job, a monster that checks as Easy Prey will probably be very difficult to Charm. However, if your Beastmaster job is level 75, and if you set it as a support job to another level 75 job, an Easy Prey may be Charmed with ease.
This varies with both your level and the difference between your level and the mob's. Particularly when charming Tough mobs, the exact level of the mob makes a significant difference (for example, charm lasts significantly longer on a level 76 mob than on a level 77).
||3.0 Minutes (5:15 at level 90)
||1.5 Minutes (1:50 level 91, 1:35 level 92, 0:45 level 93)
||1 to 20 seconds
A monster will only uncharm immediately or very fast, if, after level sync it would check as tough or higher to the level that you are syncing down to. If, however, the monster would check as even match or below then it will stay charmed, furthermore, it will stay charmed for as long as it would have at your original level when you charmed it i.e. if you charm a monster at a level when it checks as too weak and then level sync down to a level when it will check as even match then it will stay charmed for 30 minutes as is how long a too weak monster would stay charmed.
Equipment that Enhances this Ability
Equipment that Enhances Charisma