- Specializing in covert actions, Thieves (THF) aim for the perfect opportunity to attack the enemy. Using Sneak Attack and Trick Attack, thieves can inflict massive amounts of damage while 'tricking' the enemy into thinking it was someone else. Thieves also have the ability to steal amounts of enmity from players in their party with the abilities Accomplice and Collaborator. These abilities help to control the party's enmity levels, and trick enemies into thinking that the party's tank is the primary threat. Players starting the game as a Thief receive an Onion Knife.
- Thieves also have many tools at their disposal to get out of sticky situations in the game. Not only do they possess the highest Evasion rating in the game, but they also have abilities such as Flee and Hide, which allow them to escape most dangers unharmed. Additional abilities such as Steal, Mug, Gilfinder, and Treasure Hunter, as well as their unique ability to pick Treasure Chests and Treasure Coffers with their thief's tools, makes the Thief the optimal choice for acquiring gil and items.
Group 1 Merits
Combat Skill Ratings
See Thief Skill Caps for a by-level breakdown of Weapon Skill limits.
- To see a side by side comparison of Artifact/Relic sets visit Thief Artifact/Relic Sets Comparison.
- To see a side by side comparison of the Empyrean sets visit Raider's Sets Comparison.
- To see a side-by-side comparison of the Item Level 109 Reforged sets visit Thief Reforged Armor Sets
- To see a side-by-side comparison of the Item Level 119 Reforged sets visit Thief Reforged Armor Sets +1