- SW Apollyon is a subsection of the Apollyon zone in the Limbus region.
- Reached via the Teleport-Dem crag entrance to Al'Taieu.
- Drops AF+1 materials for All Jobs
- Typical Ancient Beastcoin yield: ~40
- (see testimonials)
|Item (Job)||Floor 1||Floor 2||Floor 3||Floor 4|
|Ancient Brass (MNK)||(28%)|
|Argyro Rivet (WAR)||(7.1%)||(2.2%)|
|Astral Leather (SMN)||(25%)|
|Benedict Yarn (WHM)||(10.3%)||(2.2%)|
|Black Rivet (DRK)||(27.6%)|
|Blue Rivet (DRG)||(10.3%)|
|Brown Doeskin (BRD)||(44.8%)|
|Canvas Toile (COR)||(42.9%)|
|Cardinal Cloth (RDM)||(20%)|
|Charcoal Cotton (RNG)||(17.9%)|
|Corduroy Cloth (PUP)||(34%)|
|Diabolic Yarn (BLM)||(10.3%)||(2.2%)|
|Ebony Lacquer (NIN)||(3.6%)||(57.8%)|
|Electrum Stud (SCH)||(6.9%)||(6.7%)|
|Fetid Lanolin (BST)||(2.2%)||(32%)|
|Flameshun Cloth (BLU)||(3.6%)||(2.2%)|
|Gold Stud (DNC)||(16%)|
|Light Filament (THF)||(46%)|
|White Rivet (PLD)||(16%)|
- Enemies: Fir Bholg x10 (Fomor)
- About 4250 HP
- Galka = PLD,
Elvaan = THF,
Hume = SAM,
Tarutaru = BLM,
Mithra = RDM
- The Mage Fir Bholg are highly resistant to magic damage.
- Each has a chance of dropping an Ancient Beastcoin.
- Linking by sound.
- Uses their respective two-hour abilities once each.
- Susceptible to Lullaby, Sleep, and Repose
- Summoner pullers need to be very careful, they will link and stay linked at times on pet pulls
- Like all Limbus mobs, these have party hate: once aggroed, everyone in the alliance will have hate on the ones that aggro, so a sac puller must drop from the party before pulling.
- You can open only one of the three chests.
- The restore chest is on the left(brown), time in the middle(blue), and item on the right(gold).
- The Vortex and Chests come from the same race of Fomor, the same race as the person who first entered the zone.
- To pop the boxes, ALL fomors of the corresponding race must be defeated.
- The Items chest has 4 Ancient Beastcoins and 1-2 AF+1 material (BRD, DRK, SAM, BLM, WAR, BLU, SCH, WHM, ?).
- Killing a Jidra causes one of the other monsters to spawn.
- Defeating the large, leafless Jidra opens the vortex (and doesn't spawn a kid).
- Boss is immune to Bind but susceptible to gravity and sleep.
- The Jidra never drop Ancient Beastcoins, but the others have a high chance to.
- When all enemies are dead, the Time, Items and Restore chests spawn. You can only open one.
- They actually appear farther south than shown on the map.
- The Items chest has 4 Ancient Beastcoins and 1-2 AF+1 material (RNG, WHM, SMN, BLM, WAR, COR, DRG).
- Enemies: Armoury Crate x8 (Mimics)
- Often drop an Ancient Beastcoin.
- They only aggro when someone clicks on them to determine whether they are mimics or real chests. They are passive otherwise.
- Defeating one of the Mimics opens the vortex.
- The Time, Items and Restore chests are hidden among the Mimics. You can open all three.
- They are randomly distributed--they are not in the places marked on the map.
- You can't tell which chest it is which without opening it; they all look like Items chests.
- Note: As soon as an Avatar gets hate its hate is reset, making the SMN trick used in the mimic assault unable to work here.
- Note: You CAN, however, have one person with ranged attack shoot the chest from a distance greater than 21 yalms after someone attempts to open it. This will cause hate to shift, but draw-in will not process at that distance. Keep in mind though, they stay in aggro'd form, so take care not to run back within range of draw-in.
- Death Trap (AoE Stun and Poison) has a huge range (>31'). This ability has a somewhat lengthy activation time, so it is easy to stun it.
- The Items chest has 4 Ancient Beastcoins, 0-2 AF+1 materials (WAR, NIN, DRG, BLM, SAM, WHM, BLU, SCH) and 0-1 synthesis materials (Oxblood, Shell Powder, Light Steel, Clot Plasma, Darksteel Ore, Darksteel Sheet, Adaman Ore, Rainbow Thread).
- Enemies: Air Elemental x3
- Often drop an Ancient Beastcoin
- They are susceptible to melee damage, unlike normal elementals. That being said, they still have a higher resistance than normal non-elemental monsters to melee attacks.
- Elementals of the same type link from anywhere in the zone. Elementals of different types do not link. All elementals aggro to magic and have shared party hate.
- A safe place to camp is the northeast corner near the exit portal where the final chest spawns.
- The Dark Elementals are resistant to Lullaby and Repose, and immune to Sleep.
- The Light Elementals are immune to Lullaby and Repose, but susceptible to Sleep.
- Defeating the Elementals corresponding to the in-game day that you entered this floor will spawn the final chest. I.E. if you entered the floor in Ice Day, kill Ice Elemental.
- The final chest has 4-5 Ancient Beastcoins, ~2 AF+1 materials (THF, BST, MNK, RDM, PLD, PUP, DNC), a Charcoal Chip and a possibility of a Metal Chip.