Casting Time: 1.5 seconds
Resale Price: ???~??? gil
How to Obtain
|Auction House Category: Scrolls > White Magic (||)|
Price: 10,080 - 11,872 gil Name Location Type Quelpia Selbina (H-9) Standard Merchant Shohrun-Tuhrun Windurst Waters South (G-7) Standard Merchant
- Effect Duration
- 2 Minutes (120 Seconds)
- DOT damage 2hp/tic
- Initial damage has a soft cap of 8.
- Enemy Defense Down effect
- Defense is reduced by 15%.
- This effect cannot be resisted except with Magic Shield.
- Dia / Bio Priority
- Dia and Bio do not stack.
- Bio III > Dia III > Bio II > Dia II > Bio > Dia
- Example: If Dia is cast, and Bio is cast afterwards, Dia will be overwritten. If Dia II is then cast, Bio will be overwritten. If Bio II is cast, Dia II will be overwritten.
- Note: This is not necessarily the case for player characters who have been hit with both spells.
- Useful Macros
- /ma "Dia II" <t> Casts onto current target
- /ma "Dia II" <bt> Casts onto last target claimed by party
- /ma "Dia II" <stnpc> Allows you to select a target from available NPCs
- The Meaning of Dia
- The spell "Dia" comes from the Japanese release of Final Fantasy I. In the original localization of the game it was renamed as "Harm", "Hrm2", and so on. It is an abbreviation of "Dispel Undead" with the "U" in undead being an "A" in Japanese. While names in Final Fantasy XI are influenced by english, it was left as Dia to connotate with "daylight"(as per Latin-based languages) because daylight is often depicted as harmful to the undead. As such, in the localization of the FF1 remakes Harm was changed back into Dia (and animated as a blast of sunlight in graphically advanced remakes of the game to follow the theme).
- Despite seeming to be a truncation of the word "diamond" in English, in Japanese the spell "Dia" bears no relationship to diamonds and is spelled and pronounced ディア(dia /diä/, "Dee-ah"), not ダイヤ(daiya /däɪjä/, "Dye-ah").