Dia (Status Effect)
Dia is a harmful status effect that burns the afflicted with light and illuminates their weaknesses until it wears off or is removed. Afflicted characters experience light Damage Over Time and reduced defense. As with other forms of DoT, damage dealt by the Dia effect will wake characters under the effect of sleep.
The Dia and Diaga families of spells also inflict a small amount of damage upon being cast, in addition to inflicting their Dia status effect. While the initial damage inflicted is subject to resists as with most other forms of magical attack, the status effects themselves cannot be resisted and will never fail to take effect, unless the spell is completely blocked by a Magic Shield effect, or if a Dia or Bio effect of equal/higher priority (see below) already exists on the target.
How to remove the effect
- The White Magic spell Erase will remove this effect.
- The Dancer ability Healing Waltz will remove this effect.
- The White Mage Two Hour Ability Benediction will remove this effect.
- A Bio effect of higher priority will remove and replace a Dia effect. (See below)
- Entering your Mog House will remove this effect, as well as any other DoT effects.
- The White Magic spell Esuna will remove this effect when cast with Afflatus Misery active.
How the effect is inflicted
- Humanoids - Aetheral Toxin (Feast of Swords Armor enemies only)
- Seethers - Lamentation
- Sonia - Reverie Frolic
- Wamoura - Erosion Dust
- Dia / Bio Priority
- Dia and Bio do not stack.
- Bio III > Dia III > Bio II > Dia II > Bio > Dia
- Example: If Dia is cast, and Bio is cast afterwards, Dia will be overwritten. If Dia II is then cast, Bio will be overwritten. If Bio II is cast, Dia II will be overwritten.
- Note: This is not necessarily the case for player characters who have been hit with both spells.