Administrators, or sysops, are users who have access to technical features that help with maintenance. Those include protecting and deleting pages, blocking other editors, and undoing these actions as well. The FFXIclopedia looks to administrators to perform essential housekeeping chores that require the extra access administrators are entrusted with. Administrators appear green on Special:RecentChanges The following are a list of features that are available to Administrators, depending on the access group. A comprehensive list of what each group can do is listed on this special page.
- Bureaucrats are FFXIclopedia users with the technical ability to manage the rights of other users (e.g. giving patroller or admin rights)
Block and unblock
- Blocking accounts is done in rare instances and typically because of vandalism, spam, and other counter-productive and disruptive behavior.
- The Checkuser function allows an administrator to check which IPs are used by a given username, and which usernames are used by a given IP, without having to run queries directly against the database by hand.
Deletion and undeletion
- Watching the Articles for deletion debates and carrying out the consensus of the community on keeping or deleting these articles, keeping an eye on new and changed articles to swiftly delete obvious vandalism, and meeting user requests for help that require administrative access.
- For information and guidelines, or to suggest a page for deletion, see FFXI:Guide to Deletion. Follow this guide to challenge a finalized decision to delete a page as well.
- Users with this permission are like administrators with the exception that it is in effect across all of Wikia. Helpers are employed by Wikia and are assigned to a hub. Their purpose is to assist and defer to the administrators of the wiki which they are editing. Helpers appear blue in Special:RecentChanges.
- Administrators and Patrollers have a fast mechanism to allow them to move articles or images to new locations or to an existing page in accordance with naming conventions. The old page then becomes a redirect to the new page to preserve broken links, and are sometimes kept for search purposes, depending on the situation. See also: Requested Moves
- The oversight function allows an administrator with oversight permissions to remove specific revisions from an article's history. This is only done in cases of libelous information, copyright violations, or removing personal information added to an article in a malicious or adverse manner.
- Patrolling edits is a way to verify that it is a good edit, and to collaborate on filtering spam and vandalism. This feature inspired the name for the group Patrollers as users who are known to make edits that help make FFXIclopedia the number one Final Fantasy XI resource that it is today.
- There are very few protected pages in the FFXIclopedia. Most notable is the Main Page. You can suggest changes to these pages on their respective talk pages. For more information, please see FFXI:Article Protection.
- Administrators have a faster, automated reversion tool to help them revert vandalism. This rollback feature reverts all edits by the most recent user to the user before them. Reverted edits are automatically patrolled.
- These are the behind-the-scenes people who work for Wikia. These individuals have administrator access to this wiki as well as other Wikia wikis. Wikia staff appear blue in Special:RecentChanges.
- These users are responsible for ensuring Wikia stays clear of spam and vandalism across many of Wikia's wikis. While wikis with local admins will have less activity from this group, it is not uncommon to see them deal with spam or vandalism here. VSTF members appear black in Special:RecentChanges.
Other access types
In addition to administrators, there are the following:
- Junior Administrators have many, but not all, of the above rights. These rights include deleting, protecting, and moving pages. The ability to patrol and rollback other edits is also included.
- Patrollers are a third tier of experienced users who have access to technical features that help with maintenance. Those include monitoring the Recent Changes log for adverse edits, and undoing these actions as well. Patrollers can move pages to assist the administrators with moves that don't require discussion. The FFXIclopedia looks to patrollers to perform essential housekeeping chores that make the job of Administrators a little easier.
- Bots are a usergroup that are primarily used for automated editing, they by default have their edits hidden from recent changes log. A list of flagged bots can be found here. It is also possible for Administrators to "botify" specific revisions, effectively hiding it from the log. This would primarily be used to hide vandalism.
This category currently contains no pages or media.