This branch of magic embodies the spiritual energy within white magic and utilizes it into several powerful forms. Although divine magic can be harnessed into devastating blasts of pure light energy, this power is often ineffective without spiritual or mental inspiration.
There are five types of Divine Magic spells:
- Banish : Deals light-based damage to target, lowers Undead's damage resistance for a certain amount of time.
- Holy : A fast-casting spell that deals Light damage to an enemy.
- Flash : A fast-casting spell that temporarily blinds an enemy, greatly lowering its accuracy.
- Repose : Puts an enemy to sleep.
- Enlight : Adds light damage to your attacks.
Divine Magic Skill is the skill base from which Divine Magic derives. Divine Magic skill lowers the resistance rate of offensive divine spells, influencing whether a Divine Magic spell is resisted or not. Divine Magic Skill also helps defend against spell interruptions for divine spells.
Note: Red Mages have no natural Divine Magic spells, despite having Divine Magic skill. This is because Dia, Diaga, and Dia II used to be Divine Magic, but were later changed to Enfeebling Magic. They also used to have Flash, but it was removed. Scholars also have Divine Magic skill with no native Divine Magic spells, though they are able to utilize such spells granted by a subjob at full effect as a result.
|Job||Skill Ranking||Cap at Level 1||Cap at Level 49||Cap at Level 99|
- Scholar's Divine Magic skill increases to B+ rating under Light Arts if capped at D.
See: Combat Skills for more Skill information.
Equipment that enhances this Skill
By Amount Added
By Equipment Slot