- Inspires you to draw strength from the healing spells you cast.
- Obtained: White Mage Level 40
- Recast Time: 1:00
- Duration: 2 hours
- Using Afflatus Solace will overwrite the effect of Afflatus Misery, and vice versa.
- Afflatus Solace is not available as a support job ability.
- While Afflatus Solace is activated, the amount of HP you restore via Cure spells and the job abilities Benediction and Martyr will be recorded up to a limit determined by your character's level. Record is erased if the Afflatus Solace effect is removed, such as by using Afflatus Misery. (HP restored by Cura, Curaga, or any Regen spell is not counted.)
- This accumulated amount will determine the bonus value granted to Holy's damage (see below).
- While under the effect of Afflatus Solace, you gain a bonus to the following spells:
- Sacrifice: bonus to the number and variety of enfeebling effects transferred. Sacrifice becomes able to absorb up to 7 status ailments instead of 1, and will also become able to absorb most ailments that are typically only healed by Erase.
- Bar-Element Spells: grants an additional Magic Defense Bonus to the associated element. Noted to be Magic Defense +5.
- Holy: potency bonus to the spell based on the amount of HP you restore. The record of accumulated HP is reset upon use. With a maximum charge, damage dealt is multiplied by approximately 3.5-4x.
- Cure Spells: grants the target the effect of Stoneskin for a short duration; the effect is not exclusive to party members. Strength of Stoneskin varies with the type of Cure used (higher Cures provide a stronger Stoneskin). Effect is not applied to Cura or Curaga.
- Stoneskin value is 25% of cure amount, calculated before hitting the target; if a 30hp Cure lands for 4hp, it still grants 7hp.
- Divine Seal will double the Stoneskin of a doubled cure.
- Maximum Stoneskin amount from a cure is 300.
- Stoneskin can be given to your Adventuring Fellow with the use of an Afflatus Solace Cure.
- Afflatus Solace will wear off if you zone.
- /ja "Afflatus Solace" <me>
Afflatus is a latin word meaning "Inspiration", coined by the roman philosopher Cicero, and Solace comes from either the old french "solas" or the latin "sōlācium" and means "soothe." The phrase can be roughly translated to mean "Inspired from Soothing", which makes sense in the context of the how the spell works as the White Mage will gain more healing prowess the more they cure.