Stoneskin (Status Effect)
Stoneskin is a beneficial status effect that provides an extra layer of protection until it wears off or is removed. Benefitting characters have layers of stone that absorb any damage they receive. A Stoneskin effect has a certain hidden amount of 'Hit Points' worth of damage it absorbs, and it wears off once this number reaches zero.
Spillover damage is still applied. If Stoneskin would absorb another 150 HP worth of damage and you take a hit that would do 200 damage, Stoneskin will be removed and 50 damage will be applied to HP.
Stoneskin also blocks "damage" from Damage Over Time effects such as poison, and even from self-inflicted effects such as Sublimation. As a result, Stoneskin may permit players to rest where it would otherwise not be possible.
How to remove the effect
- This effect can be dispelled.
- This effect can be removed manually.
- This effect will self-cancel after absorbing the amount of damage specified at cast time.
How the effect is inflicted/gained
- White Magic - Stoneskin, Only while Afflatus Solace is active: Cure, Cure II, Cure III, Cure IV, Cure V
- Blue Magic - Metallic Body, Diamondhide
- Sometimes gained when walking through a swamp in Caedarva Mire.