- Grants a Scholar access to abilities that enhance white magic.
- Raises the skill cap for Enhancing Magic, Enfeebling Magic, Divine Magic, and Healing Magic from a D rating to a B+ rating.
- Note: It would seem that (at higher levels, at least) in order to receive the B+ rating, the character must actually be capped at the D rating first.
(Example at Level 80 Scholar: Healing Magic skill without Light Arts active = 220 With Light Arts active = 271). This is exactly 10 lower than D rating (230) at Level 80, and 10 points lower than B+ rating (281). The same is true of Dark Arts.
- Scholar's Pants will add an additional 15 skill levels, effectively bringing skill level up to an A- while in Light Arts.
- If your main job skill is 0-200 at level 75, it is raised to 246 (or current level cap for B+ for jobs lower than 75)
- If your main job skill is 210-250 at level 75, it is raised to 256 (or current level cap for B+ for jobs lower than 75)
- If your main job skill is 256-276 at level 75 it has no effect.
- Note: This will also increase sub job skills to the main job's level at a B+ rating.
- Note: You will still receive Skill ups to any uncapped skill prior to the usage of Light Arts.
- Any gear or merits that increase the players skill level will be applied after Light Arts has taken effect.
- Significantly increases Regen potency and duration.
- Reduces MP costs for White Magic spells by 10%, and increases MP costs for Black Magic spells by 20%.
- Reduces casting time for White Magic by 10%, and increases casting time for Black Magic by 20%.
- Reduces recast time for White Magic by 10%, and increases recast time for Black Magic by 20%.
- Scholar's Loafers and Argute Mortarboard reduce White Magic casting and recasting times by an additional 5% each. The two pieces' effects do stack if worn at the same time. The casting and recasting time penalties for Black Magic are not affected by the equipment.
- Note: The change in spell cost and recast times will be reflected in the spell menu.
- This effect will wear off with any zone change.
- While Light Arts is active with Scholar set as main job, all Regen spells potency are increased by +3 every 10 levels, starting at +3 at level 20. Effect caps at +24 HP/tick to all regen spells at level 99.