Trial by Fire
- Speak to Ronta-Onta in Kazham. If you have sufficient fame, he will give you a Tuning fork of fire.
- Travel to Ifrit's Cauldron and head to the Cloister of Flames.
- To get to the Cloister of Flames, enter Ifrit's Cauldron from Yhoator Jungle at (I-5).
- Upon entering, follow the right-hand wall (northwest). A flame spout will block your path and you can either wait for it to go down (may take up to 15 minutes), or trade an Ice Cluster to it.
- Follow the path west. When it splits, continue west through the cave to the end of the path. Turn south and fall down to a lower level (drop P).
- After falling, head back north until you come to two sets of posts at (H-7) and walk off the edge between them. Once you drop, there's only one path you can take. Do so, and take the first left.
- Once you defeat Ifrit Prime, you will acquire the Whisper of Flames.
- Return the Whisper to Ronta-Onta for your reward.
- Everyone who is involved in the fight must have a tuning fork of the correct protocrystal.
- There is no cap on this battle.
- There is a 30-minute time limit.
- You can buff up before entering the protocrystal, so feel free to do so and rest up while still outside.
- Try to fight Ifrit Prime on Watersday and do not fight him on Firesday.
- Keep up Barfira at all times.
- Do not use Fire-based spells, weaponskills, or weapons that have Additional effect: Fire damage, as they will heal Ifrit Prime.
- The battlefield is shaped like a long path up the side of a hill, with a switchback about halfway to the top. This allows the mages to stand above the fight (and out of easy reach of the avatar) while still being able to cast spells on party members.
There are a total of 6 prime avatar quests for the main summons. Here is the relevant information on each:
|Trial by||Avatar||Start NPC
Tuning fork of
Port Bastok (I-8)
|Earth||Cloister of Tremors
|Fire||Cloister of Flames
|Water||Cloister of Tides
Den of Rancor
|Lightning||Cloister of Storms
|Wind||Cloister of Gales
Northern San d'Oria (E-7)
|Ice||Cloister of Frost
|San d'Oria 6|
- Ronta-Onta (Near Wahcondalo's Residence, Kazham)
- Ring the tuning fork of fire upon the protocrystal in Ifrit's Cauldron. A path will open to the trial that awaits.