- Will only activate if a hit is taken (even from 0 damage) from the front with your weapon drawn.
- All defensive job abilities and skills (except potentially Shield) must be exhausted before Retaliation will take effect, and Retaliation will not negate or otherwise affect damage taken.
- Unlike Counter, you gain TP from both the Retaliation swing and the damage you take to trigger the swing.
- Currently unknown if anything affects the activation rate. The base rate seems to be 40-50% before hit rate.
- Appears to have similar movement decrease as one "Dusk" equipment (e.g. Dusk Gloves).
- Retaliation is considered slashing damage even if wearing a non slashing weapon such as a polearm. There is some debate on this topic: (see testimonials)
Equipment that Enhances this Trait