Job Trait Overview
- Game Description: Occasionally reduces spells' MP cost.
- Job Traits are always active.
- Further Notes:
- The Conserve MP job trait is equivalent to "Conserve MP +25".
- With a base activation rate of 25%, Conserve MP allows you to retain approximately 7 MP for every 100 MP spent. The actual amount retained may vary.
- When "Conserve MP" activates, the cost of the spell will be reduced to n/16 * (original cost), rounded down, where n is an integer ranging from 8 to 15. All possible values of n have an approximately equal chance to occur. Thus, each activation of Conserve MP save 28.125% of MP cost on average.
- Equipment that gives "Conserve MP +X" increases the activation rate of Conserve MP by approximately X% of spells cast. E.g. Conserve MP +5 in combination with the Conserve MP job trait will give a net activation rate of 30% of spells.
- Conserve MP will not allow you to cast a spell for which you would otherwise have insufficient MP to cast.
- If the MP cost of a spell is modified through means such as Light Arts, Dark Arts, Parsimony, and Penury, Conserve MP will operate off the new MP cost of the spell (viewable when selecting a valid spell in your magic list). For instance, with Penury and a 8/16 proc with Conserve MP, a white magic spell could be reduced to 25% of its original cost.
Equipment that Enhances this Trait
Blue Magic Spells that Activate this Trait
Set any two of the following Blue Magic spells to get this trait:
Trait Value: 25%
Trait Value: 20~50% (Varies by Maneuver)