Axe the Competition
- Talk to Brutus in Upper Jeuno who will give you the Pick of Trials and the Weapon Training Guide (key item).
- Any Beastmaster quest involving Brutus even AF3 quest will make you unable to get this quest. Zone after completing these quests.
- You can, however, do the BST AF weapon quest, retrieve the guiding bell and return here and receive the Axe of Trials.
- Use the Pick of Trials until the latent effect disappears.
- How to remove the latent effect:
- You must perform Weapon Skills and Skillchains on monsters that con Easy Prey or higher.
- Weapon Skills performed while under Level Sync will count.
- You receive 1 point for opening/soloing a weaponskill, 2 points for closing a Lv.1 Skillchain, 3 points for closing a Lv.2 Skillchain and 5 points for closing a level 3 Skillchain.
- You must accumulate 300 total points.
- To see if you are done, check your equipment screen. If you still see the status enhancments given to you by your weapon, you need to continue skillchaining. (The text on the weapon will not change, only your physical stats.)
- Once you no longer receive the latent effect bonus, head back to Upper Jeuno and trade the Pick of Trials back to Brutus, who will take the weapon from you and give you a Map to the Annals of Truth (key item) and tell you to head to Temple of Uggalepih.
- Enter the Temple of Uggalepih from point 1 on the Yhoator Jungle Map (Not from Den of Rancor). Turn north at the fork and exit to point 4, re-entering the temple from point 5. Now go to G-9 and click the ??? to spawn the NM named Yallery Brown.
- Note: Poison Potion recommended for this NM fight. AoE sleep (Slumber Powder) can be troublesome.
- Once the NM is dead, re-examine the ??? to obtain the Annals of Truth (key item). If you zone without re-examining the ??? you will have to fight the NM again.
- Bring this back to Brutus for your reward.
- Optional: If you have completed A New Dawn, examine the Merchant's Door at Lower Jeuno (G-11) for a cutscene.
- Brutus (Chocobo Stables, Upper Jeuno)
- The Tenshodo wants Brutus's opinion on which axe they should carry in their stores. Brutus has asked you to test one of the axes until its blade has gone dull.