Definition: Player Characters are all the people that you play the game with. They are the characters that are controlled by other people around the world. Players can currently pick one of five races: Mithra, Tarutaru, Elvaan, Galka, or Hume. All player characters play the role of adventurer.
Each races has their own special qualities to them. Considering your race in advance can prove to be a benefit to your future adventuring.
[More in-depth race guides are found here.]
- Proud knights from the Kingdom of San d'Oria.
- An Elvaan character created in San d'Oria will receive a San d'Orian Ring.
- Elvaan excel in the jobs of Paladin, Warrior, Ninja, and Dragoon.
- Elvaan are not well suited for Black Mage, Thief, and Ranger. (Poor AGI, DEX, and INT)
- Husky humanoids from the Republic of Bastok.
- A Galka character created in Bastok will receive a Bastokan Ring.
- Galka excel in damage dealing jobs, and are suited to tanking due to their high HP and VIT. Samurai, Dark Knight, and Monk.
- Galka are not well suited for mage jobs, due to their small MP supply. Also lacking AGI and DEX.
- Rich and Wealthy, Humes come from the Republic of Bastok.
- A Hume character created in Bastok will receive a Bastokan Ring.
- Humes have very average stats and are suitable for any job in the game.
- Small and Petite, taru comes from Windurst.
- A Tarutaru character created in Windurst will receive a Windurstian Ring.
- Tarutaru excel in any job that uses their substantial pool of MP, but suffer from very low HP.