|Sauromugue Champaign (S)||1||A, S, Sc|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Easily kited on by running around a rock just west of its spawn area.
- Throughout the fight, it will cast tier I-IV Thunder spells and Burst on itself, recovering HP. Immediately after, it will take a step or two then use Charged Whisker, a strong, thunder based, magical, shadow-piercing AoE attack. The higher the tier the stronger it will be.
- Having a source of Sleepga as well as an additional stun is advised, as Iqi-Balam is likely to start the fight with a high tier Thunder spell.
- Stunning the cast will cause Iqi-Balam to not use Charged Whisker.
- Charged Whisker is a very heavy damage AoE attack that is capable of killing anyone in range with one hit. It hit for 1200-1400 dmg with Barthunder and Shell IV on.
- Alternatively, simply running away while it is casting can cause your party to avoid the damage too.
- Keeping the stunner hasted is good for ensuring the spells can be stunned.
- Uses all the standard coeurl TP moves, including Blink of Peril.
- Do not kite him far off from spawn zone. If you run too far away you will be basically kicked from the fight and unable to fight the mobs. Our tank took him past the nearby rock and was kicked and unable to voke or anything. After party wipe he could not even get aggro from mobs.