- Performs a high jumping attack on enemy.
- Obtained: Dragoon Level 35
- Recast Time: 2:00
- Duration: Instant
- Upon usage, user will deliver a High Jump attack on the enemy.
- High Jump is not 100% accurate.
- Has a maximum distance of 11.5'.
- Damage output is roughly the same as a regular attack, but can be modified with equipment.
- A successfully landed High Jump causes user to gain as much TP as a regular attack. This can be modified with equipment.
- High Jump gives no TP to the target.
- Barone Corazza and Barone Cosciales increase the TP gained with High Jump by two each, combined for an extra +4 TP. The HQ of these pieces increase the TP gained by +2.5 each, for a combined total of +5 TP
- Skystrider increases the TP gained with High Jump by 5.
- Upon usage, hit or miss the user will lose 50% of his/her enmity accumulated during the course of battle. If DRG is used as a subjob, the user's enmity will be reduced by 30%.
- The negative Enmity effect will stack with Trick Attack when used behind a player positioned between the target and the user.
- Equipping Wyrm Brais increases the amount of hate that is shed. (from 50% to 60%)
- You gain Enmity for the damage dealt by High Jump, this is likely applied *after* the reduction, and is likely equal to the amount of Enmity you would have gained for a normal attack of the same damage.
- Damage modifiers ( Double Attack, Triple Attack, Sneak Attack etc.) are also included into damage calculation but can not be noticed. Souleater doubled the damage of Jump and High Jump on 75 DRK/DRG, from 200 to 400. The drain effect of Blood Weapon has no effect on Jump.
- While Spirit Surge is in effect, an enemy’s TP is reduced by a percentage proportionate to the amount of damage inflicted.
- When Spirit Surge is used, High Jump's recast time will be reset to 0:00.
- Can skill up a specific weapon when using High Jump.
Japanese name: High Jump (ハイジャンプ Hai Janpu)
High Jump appeared as a support ability in Final Fantasy IX, increasing the damage dealt by Freya's Jump ability.