- Delivers a short jumping attack on a targeted enemy.
- Obtained: Dragoon Level 10
- Recast Time: 1:00
- Duration: Instant
- Jump is NOT a ranged attack as many people claim.
- Jump is calculated as a melee attack. As such, it benefits from the Sneak Attack and Trick Attack abilities just like a regular attack.
- Upon usage, user will deliver a Jump attack on the enemy.
- Jump is instant and provides no period of invulnerability. (see Super Jump)
- Jump is similar to a weapon skill, in that it draws its power from your current weapon and its skill.
- It is possible to skill up your weapon with Jump.
- Jump is not 100% accurate.
- Has a maximum distance of 9.5'.
- Damage output is slightly higher than a regular attack, and can be modified with equipment.
- Damage is calculated using the formula: floor((Base Damage)*(VIT/256+1)). See discussion for details.
- A successfully landed jump causes user to gain as much TP as a regular attack however it may be modified with equipment.
- Barone Corazza and Barone Cosciales increase the TP gained with a successful jump by two each, combined for an extra +4 TP. The HQ of these pieces increase the TP gained by +2.5 each, for a combined total of +5 TP. The extra TP from this equipment is generated even if Jump does 0 damage.
- Skystrider increases the TP gained with jump by five.
- Unlike a regular melee attack, jump does not cause the target to gain any TP.
- Jump will not trigger effects such as Blaze Spikes from the target. It will also not trigger effects from Drain Samba or the like.
- Damage modifiers and additional effects(Double Attack, Triple Attack, Enblizzard , etc.) are included into damage calculation.
- When using two weapons (Dual Wield or Hand-to-Hand) accuracy is determined for each 'swing', each hit will add to the total damage and total TP gain for the Jump attack.
- While Spirit Surge is in effect, Jump temporarily weakens an enemy’s defense by 20%. The length of effect is not constant; and does not stack with Angon.
- When Spirit Surge is used, Jump's recast time will be reset to 0:00.
- Generates a small amount of enmity.
- Gives an alternate animation similar to Spirit Jump when critical.
Japanese name: Jump (ジャンプ Janpu)
Jump is the defining ability of the Dragoon job, first appearing in Final Fantasy III chronologically, but was first seen in the United States in Final Fantasy IV (II in the U.S) for the Super NES, used by Kain Highwind.