|Dynamis - Xarcabard||1||A, T(H)|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
*Located at G-7. Not fully "active" until the 15 Kindred NMs are defeated. The fragment will not drop unless the demons are slain.
- When pulled, the Animated Staff will spawn 5+ (exact number unknown, but many) Satellite Staves.
- These only share initial aggro hate. The puller can continue to kite these.
- While engaged in the fight, the Animated Staff will speak in say or emotes about its interest in the fight. During this time, it will either grow bored or excited depending on what is done to it.
- After a short period of time has passed, when it has become very bored, it will attempt to Warp out on its own.
- The Animated Staff IS NOT IMMUNE to Stun. It is very resistant to the spell Stun, and still resistant, but not as much to Weapon Skill Stun effects.
- When it is trying to warp itself out, IF those who can use a stun effect WS, such as Tachi: Hobaku or Shoulder Tackle uses those, it is possible that one of the attempts will cause the Animated Staff to be temporarily stunned, thus interrupting its spell casting.
- Before engaging, it is a common practice for all melee to not use their TP until they have 300%. This way, a large amount of damage can be done to the Animated Staff at the start of the battle. This will allow for those who can use a stun WS to have one ready again when the Animated Staff is getting bored.
- If the Animated Staff manages to warp away, you will have to attempt the fight again on a different run.
- From its dialogue, it appears to like magic damage more than melee damage. This may help you kill it before it attempts to Warp.
- The Animated Staff uses the weapon skill Gate of Tartarus.
- It can cast Sleepga and Breakga, as well as other earth elemental spells, while the Satellite Staves can cast Stone III and Cure IV.
- The Satellite Staves will despawn when the Animated Staff is defeated.
- Immune to Sleep and Lullaby.
- Animated Staff : I am called the Celestial Staff.
I will glimpse into your mind's eye...
During the fight
- Animated Staff : Your inexperience betrays you...
The Animated Staff appears to be slightly irritated.
- Animated Staff : Make use of your intelligence!
The Animated Staff appears to be angry.
- Animated Staff : I will give you a little more of my time...
The Animated Staff appears to be losing interest.
- Animated Staff : I had thought your intellect more engaging...
The Animated Staff appears to be losing patience.
- Animated Staff : You have disappointed me...
The Animated Staff appears to be growing extremely impatient.
- Animated Staff : Such a shame. But I have no time to humor the likes of you...
The Animated Staff appears to have completely lost interest.
The Animated Staff starts casting Warp.
- Animated Staff : You have impressed me.
Let us meet again... Obsolete information needs updating