- While Seigan is in effect, the recast time for Third Eye is halved.
- Seigan also adds a chance of Third Eye to remain in effect after anticipating an attack, instead of wearing off after just one. The chance of remaining in effect seems to decrease over the course of Third Eye's duration, with the highest chance being available immediately after Third Eye's use.
- Seigan also adds the possibility to Counter an attack along with anticipating it.
- Third Eye Is not required to Counter attacks, but vastly increases the chances. It is possible to receive a Counter while Seigan is active and Third Eye is not, but it is quite rare compared to how often it happens out of "Anticipated" attacks.
- Zanshin attack rate increases the chance of countering an anticipated attack, this is only active while Samurai is set as Main Job. (Source: 7/12/11 Update)
- It is possible to gain weapon skill off of a Seigan counter.
- The counter attack possibly deals blunt damage, considering the fact that it will deal 0 damage to the Metalloid Amoebae in the first area of SE Apollyon.
- The blunt damage could be attributed to the damage-output of the slimes themselves since it is their attack that is countered. Testable on pots most likely to determine slashing versus blunt.
- Hasso and Seigan do not stack. Hasso will overwrite Seigan and vice-versa.
- Like Weapon Bash or Hasso, this Job Ability requires a two-handed weapon.
- Recast times for Ninjutsu, Songs, and Magic altogether are increased by 50% and casting times are doubled while Seigan is active.
Equipment that Enhances this Effect
Seigan (正眼) (Lit: Angle of the eyes) is a basic defensive stance. Specifically it is the preparation for an enemy's attack by aiming your sword at their eyes. This stance is also done with the left foot back and the right foot forward, giving the defender a much better ability to step backwards while limiting their ability to attack. It is common to assume this stance immediately after drawing.