- Hasso overwrites and is overwritten by Seigan.
- Hasso will only take effect when the player is equipped with a two-handed weapon (Hand-to-hand weapons do not count as two-handed weapons).
- A 50% increase in casting and recast time will be imposed on magic, song, and ninjutsu while Hasso is in effect.
- The haste effect will not reduce the amount of TP gained per hit, and is considered job ability haste.
- Occasionally triggers Zanshin after landing a normal attack, only active while Samurai is set as Main Job. (Source: 7/12/11 Update)
- The strength boost is based on the level of the Samurai increasing by 1 STR every 7 levels (at level 25, the boost is +3; but at level 84, the boost is +12).
- When Samurai is set as a subjob, the value is based on the sub level, i.e. a DRG85/SAM42 will have a boost of 6.
- A level 84 Samurai will gain a boost of +12 STR, +10 Accuracy, and +10% Haste for melee attacks.
Equipment that Enhances this Effect
Hasso (八双) is a stance where the sword is held perpendicular to the ground and is used for various diagonal cuts such as Hasso Kesa Giri (八双袈裟斬り), which is a diagonal cut starting from one's shoulder. Tenzen is standing in Hasso when engaged.