Return to the Depths
- Talk to Ayame for a cutscene that starts the quest.
- Go to Oldton Movalpolos, watch a cutscene, and proceed to Misareaux Coast and obtain a Misareaux Garlic that drops from the Orcs there.
- (You don't necessarily need to watch the CS before obtaining the garlic.)
- Go to Lower Jeuno and trade the Misareaux Garlic to Muckvix (located at H-10 in Goblins' Goblet, through Muckvix's Junk Shop.) You will receive 2,000 gil and a Letter from Muckvix.
- Go to Kazham and talk with Magriffon, located at I-7 in Celodehki's Bed & Breakfast.
- Trade him 10,000 gil for a cutscene and two key items: Letter from Magriffon and Providence Pot.
- You will receive the 10,000 gil back at the end of the quest.
- Trading Magriffon the 10,000 gil will continue this specific quest even if other quests are currently active that involve giving Magriffon gil.
- Return to Lower Jeuno and talk with Muckvix for another cutscene where you deliver the key items and receive a Pungent Providence Pot in return.
- Zone into Oldton Movalpolos from the western K-6 North Gustaberg entrance for a cutscene. (Zoning in via the Survival Guide also triggers the cutscene.)
- Talk to Tarnotik at (K-10), answering in the affirmative to both his questions.
- Trade one Ahriman Tears to Tarnotik to be teleported to Mine Shaft #2716.
- Each person who is involved in the quest must trade a tear to Tarnotik to be teleported to the BCNM zone. EACH PERSON MUST HAVE DONE OR ACTIVATED THIS QUEST IN ORDER FOR THIS TO WORK.
- Tarnotik will continue to perform this service for you even after the quest is completed. One Ahriman Tears is still required for each teleport.
- Check the Shaft Entrance for a cutscene.
- Check it again and select the battlefield Return to the Depths.
- As of the May 10, 2011 Version Update, the level 40 restriction on this battlefield has been removed. The Moblins' strength is unchanged.
- Buffs wear on entry.
- You will receive a cutscene as you enter the battlefield. Answer with the top option every time you are asked a question.
- The Moblins Twilotak (Dark Knight) and three Moblin Clergymen (White Mage) and three Moblin Wisewomen (Red Mage) are in the back of the BCNM arena.
- Only Twilotak has to be defeated to complete the BCNM; the other six can be killed if you wish. They do not attack with melee hits even when engaged. They only stand in the background and cast.
- Twilotak casts standard Dark Knight spells and has around 5800HP.
- The Moblin Clergymen and Moblin Wisewomen use Draw In, which makes Twilotak very difficult to kite unless the supporting Moblins are defeated.
- Twilotak can use Blood Weapon multiple times.
- The three Moblin Wisewomen cast spells such as Haste on Twilotak and cast spells like Sleep II and Dispel on players.
- The three Moblin Clergymen cast spells such as Protect III and Cure IV on Twilotak and Holy on players.
- This fight can be easily soloed by any level 90 job. It was formerly capped at level 40 and was very difficult, but at level 90, it is nothing.
- Defeat Twilotak to end the BCNM and receive a cutscene and 10,000 gil.
- Once you complete the BCNM, when you zone out of Mine Shaft #2716 you'll be in Newton Movalpolos on a ledge, safe from the standard Moblins. If you do not have someone in your group who can Escape, talk to the NPC Sleakachiq on that ledge to receive a teleport back out to North Gustaberg, at the cost of 800 gil per person.
- Return to Metalworks and talk with Ayame for the Bowyer Ring reward and to end the quest. You may have to talk to her twice to trigger the cutscene.
- Ayame (Cannonry, Metalworks)
- You are to find the one who speaks both the common and the Moblin language, and learn more about the city of Movalpolos.