Out of the Depths
- Talk to Ayame (K-7 on the top floor of Metalworks, in a Cannon Room) and accept her job offer. You can not start this quest if you are a Bastokan citizen and have completed Bastok Mission 4-1 and have not started Bastok Mission 5-1. Ayame will just tell you to go talk to Naji because there is an emergency.
- Next go talk to Ravorara in Port Bastok (E-7).
- Go to Oldton Movalpolos and talk to Brakobrik at K-11, select the option "I getting you."
- Proceed to kill Ancient Bombs and gather 11 Hoary Bomb Ashes. Each kill will get you at least one, and at most four.
- These bombs are hard to come by as they tend to hang out by themselves in the tunnels throughout the zone.
- Once you have 11 Hoary Bomb Ashes, take 10 of them & trade them in a specific way to Brakobrik.
- Now return to Port Bastok and Talk to Ravorara four times - once for each key item. She'll give you 100 gil for the Dusty Tome, 200 gil for the Pointed Jug, 300 gil for the Cracked Club, and 400 gil for the Peeling Hairpin. (Repeatable if quest isn't finished.)
- Now you must return to Oldton Movalpolos and trade one additional Hoary Bomb Ash to Brakobrik.
- This time say "No Thanks" when he offers a reward. He will apologize to you and give you the Old Nametag.
- Head back to Port Bastok and talk to Ravorara.
- Finally, go to Bastok Mines and speak with Pavvke, in a house on the lower level of I-7 to finish the quest and get your final reward, 1,200 gil.
- Ayame (Cannonry, Metalworks)
- A Goblin lair known as Movalpolos has suddenly appeared in North Gustaberg. Ayame wishes you to investigate this lair with the cooperation of a visiting scholar waiting in Port Bastok.