When placed in your Mog House, certain pieces of furniture can trigger hidden quests (sometimes, certain other requirements must be met as well). The quests can be "active quests", and are listed in your quest log; or "passive quests", that reward you immediately.
- The furniture in question must be placed in the layout of your moghouse. Speak to your moogle and choose "Layout" to place furniture stored in your Mog Safe.
- Certain quests require a certain level of reputation in your home nation before they can be activated.
- If all of these requirements are met, you should (but you may not, due to other factors such as having multiple pieces of quest furniture in your moghouse) receive the quest by talking to your moogle in your moghouse, in your home nation, after the next conquest tally.
- After February 2015 update, Oak Bed, Simple Bed, Tarutaru Desk, Bureau, Armoire, Water Cask, Lines and Space, White Jar, Wicker Box, and Stationery Set give their rewards 1 minute after placement instead of 1 week.
- Remember, you must talk to your moogle, not just select "Moghouse" from the menu.
- Furniture Quests cannot be triggered while you are in a Rent-a-Room.
- Only one furniture quest can be activated at a time. If you have multiple pieces of furniture that activate quests placed in your layout, only one will be activated after the conquest tally. You must either remove the other quest furniture, or wait another week for the other furniture quests to activate.
- If your nation places last in the conquest, some furniture quests may not activate.
Here is a list of furniture that will either activate quests, or give you items: