- Zone and wait until next game day after completing On Sabbatical, then go to The Eldieme Necropolis (S) (J-8) and talk to Erlene, who sends you to Southern San d'Oria (S) to gather information from a council.
You can be on any job from here on.
- Enter Southern San d'Oria (S) from East Ronfaure (S) for a cutscene.
- After the cutscene, return to The Eldieme Necropolis (S) and talk to Erlene.
- Enter Sauromugue Champaign (S) from Rolanberry Fields (S) for a cutscene.
- Examine the Indescript Markings at the southeastern section of (J-7) in Sauromugue Champaign (S) for a cutscene and Ulbrecht's Mortarboard.
- The Indescript Markings disappear during Earth (Dusty) weather, but return after the weather ends.
- A Goblin Guerrilla (decent challenge to level 75) wanders very close to this area. Simply use Sneak and make sure he is facing away from you. You just need to activate the cutscene to be out of danger.
- Return to Erlene for the final cutscene and your reward.
- Completion of Downward Helix is required to unlock Loussaire's tasks for Scholar's Gown, Scholar's Pants and Scholar's Loafers. This also applies for reacquisition of Artifact gear for the Scholar's Attire Set.
- Erlene (The Eldieme Necropolis (S), Batallia Downs (S)) (J-8)
- Magicians in the service of the Allied Forces have been disappearing with unsettling regularity. To solve the mystery of their whereabouts, first journey to San d'Oria to participate in the emergency council being held there.