Blade of Death
- Speak with Gumbah for a cutscene and to receive a Letter from Zeid.
- You must kill another 100 enemies with Chaosbringer.
- You need to bring the total number of kills with the Chaosbringer (from the time you first received it) up to 200. As such, kills made before activating this quest count towards the total.
- If you've dropped the Chaosbringer, take the ferry in the Palborough Mines once more to receive another. You will need to make 200 kills with this new weapon.
- Once the additional 100 have been slaughtered, take Chaosbringer with you to the Gusgen Mines.
- In the Gusgen Mines, go to the standing water at (J-7) on the first map and trade Chaosbringer to the ???.
- Beware of the NM ghost, Smothered Schmidt, that spawns here. It detects by sound so use either sneak or a silent oil if you wish to avoid it.
- After a cutscene with Zeid, your Chaosbringer will be replaced with the new Deathbringer.
Directions to the Pond
- Walk into the mines until you hit the first intersection and take a right.
- At the next intersection, take a left.
- After walking a short distance, you will see a tunnel off to the right. Proceed through it.
- Following the bend, there will be another tunnel going off to the right. This takes you to the pond at (J-7).
- Here, in the water, you can target a ???.
The 100 Kills
- For it to count as a kill, the finishing blow must be made through a regular or critical strike with the Chaosbringer.
- As long as the finishing blow is dealt with the Chaosbringer, the method(s) used to weaken the target are irrelevant.
- Weapon skills that defeat the enemy and abilities that do so (such as Jump) do not count towards the kill total.
- Monster suicides (such as Goblins' Bomb Toss, Bombs' Self-Destruct, and Bees' Final Sting) do not count towards the kill total.
- Nothing resets the kill count other than dropping the blade; you may change areas, jobs, weapons, get KO'd.