Behind the Sluices
- Obtain a Waterway facility crank from the Storage Container at (H-6) in Rala Waterways.
- Return to the Sluice Gate at (C-6) for a cutscene.
- Examine the Sluice Gate again to enter the area behind the gate.
- At this Point you can restart Rhapsodies of Vana'diel storyline.
- Examine the Inconspicuous Barrel to receive the Founder king's orb and complete the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel mission.
- Click the Antiquated Sluice Gate to enter the Rala Waterways (U) battlefield: Behind the Sluices.
- All party members must have Waterway facility crank. (if you are past this mission, no key item is needed to help)
- It is possible to enter solo, and Alter Egos can be summoned in the coming battle.
- Buff wear upon entry.
- Call Pets after entering.
- If battle is lost you will need to obtain another Waterway facility crank to re-enter.
- You are assisted by Arciela.
- The battle is against:
- The Keeper is by far the most resistant to damage.
- The Keeper occasionally casts Kaustra against a single target for massive damage.
- All four enemies are immune to Stun.
- All four enemies run to a random target to perform weapon skills, regardless of hate.
- The Briars (Galka) and The Briars (Elvaan) perform skillchains together when they do this.
- Avatars using merit blood pacts with the Dashavatara Sachet are extremely effective in dispatching the three lesser NMs.
- Arciela is extremely effective in tanking The Keeper, but needs healing support.
- Even if you die, if Arciela defeats the remaining opponents by herself (very likely if there's only one left and you reduced his HP somewhat), then it still counts as a victory.
- (see testimonials)