|Abyssea - Tahrongi||See Notes|
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned by trading a High-quality Limule Pincer to the ??? at (I-11) in Abyssea - Tahrongi
- Molting Burst: AoE Damage with Knockback, ignores shadows and has added effects: Takes any debuffs currently active on Vetehinen and applies them to all players in range. Including Slow, Paralyze, Dia, Burn, Choke, and Shock. Penance can also be applied to players if on Vetehinen when Molting Burst is used.
- Blazing Bound: AoE Fire damage, Additional Effect Burn. The burn is a 27 dmg/tick.
- Seems to gain a huge bonus to Attack and Magic Attack on Firesday.
- Greatly increased movement speed.
- Has strong Regen.
In Finnish mythology, a Näkki (Estonian: Näkk), also called Vetehinen or Vesihiisi, is a Neck that resides in murky pools, wells, docks, piers and under bridges that cross rivers.
He has been borrowed from Näcken in Scandinavian folklore and is closely related to Russian Vodyanoi.
He is principally known for pulling young children into the depths, if they lean over bridge railings, docks or otherwise look into water surfaces to see their own reflection and touch the water. Näkki is a fine example of a spirit enlisted by parents to guide children away from unsafe practises.
It is also said that although Näkki is very beautiful from the front, his backside is hairy and extremely ugly. Other stories tell that a Näkki is an ugly "fishman" which can at will turn itself into a beautiful woman who either is extremely voluptuous or has three breasts or alternatively into a silvery fish, horse or a hound.