- Stacks with Nightingale.
- Stacks with Soul Voice.
- Works on both enhancing songs and enfeebling songs.
- Additional merits increases chance of unerring song accuracy by 25%.
- At max merit levels 5/5, gives 100% chance of unerring song accuracy for 1 minute.
- It is unknown what exactly is meant by unerring song accuracy at this time. It may imply a 100% song accuracy to any spell cast under its effect. Further testing is required.
- Cannot be used to recast songs that have already been cast while under the effect of Troubadour.
- Example: If Mage's Ballad and Mage's Ballad II are cast while under the effect of Troubadour, recasting these songs before Troubadour runs out will not extend the duration of the songs. Instead, the song will appear to have no effect.
- A popular use for Troubadour is having a Bard set their support job as Black Mage to combine Elemental Seal and Troubadour in order to land Elegy on a resistant monster for a very long duration. (Approximately 7 Minutes)
- Another useful way to use this ability is to combine it with Soul Voice. Since Soul Voice lasts for 3 minutes and most party buffs (such as Minuet and Ballad) last approximately 2 minutes, it is possible to extend the duration of a "Soul Voiced" buff from 4 minutes to 6 minutes. To do this, the Bard must make sure all songs finish casting before both the Troubadour and Soul Voice buffs wear off.
- Another good use of this ability, is to sleep enemy avatars during events like Dynamis. 60+ second sleep time is usually a long enough time for damage dealers and mages to kill enemy summoners.