Sources for final recast value calculations
- http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52417 (12-26-2007)
- Tests about X/1024 model and the relation between haste and slow.
- http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61643 (08-13-2008)
- The formula for final recast value was suggested to be (excluding possible hasso/seigan penalty); New Recast = floor( [1-Fast Cast] * truncate( [1-Haste] * Recast ) ) but later, it was corrected by the same tester in the thread below. Apparently, the placements of [1-Fast Cast] and [1-Haste] were unintentionally reversed. It rarely makes any difference either way so the error was easily missed but still needed to be corrected for perfection.
- http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94856 (06-18-2010)
- This thread is showing us that Fast Cast+X equipments are working in a different way than Enhances "Fast Cast" equipments as stated in the article.
--Devrom 14:51, June 29, 2010 (UTC)
With new fast Cast job traits and gear available to RDM90, I've updated my recast testing data @ http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AoDdEyVU4rRLdHljV3RqX0VkQnk5RHhqRkRtd2ozYnc&hl=en&authkey=CJ3Fh7EG
Based on my testing above, @ there should be a 1.2 Second difference between 50% and 54% Fast Cast. Using the spell Reraise, as RDM/WHM, I saw no difference between reraise with both earrings, and reraise w/o either earring on. I still need todo more testing on the casting time reduction, but its pretty clear that the recast portion of Fast Cast caps @ 50%(25% recast) --Vanar 09:32, January 16, 2011 (UTC).
On the evoliths that affect recast time, the term Recast Delay is used. --Seedling 12:23, May 25, 2010 (UTC)
That should be a seperate page to describe the evolith effect. "Recast time" is the commonly accepted term used by virtually everyone in the community for what this page is describing. Tahngarthortalk-contribs 01:34, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Additionally, SE uses this term: See last sentence on http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/5540/detail.html . Unfortunately, SE seems to have some inconsistencies when it comes to in-game descriptions and out-of-game descriptions. Regardless, since most pages already refer to this as Recast Time, it would seem more of a burden, albeit confusing, to the community to suddenly change this to Recast Delay. It seems prudent to redirect it as it is now to the Recast Time page, or make an inclusion describing the evolith effect. ----Darekk 12:45, June 14, 2010 (UTC)