- Unconfirmed Flashbulb drop
- I Confirmed --Chefm 20:35, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
- BST solo using DC Mountain Clot pet (one pet, several pet food zeta can kill both pet and master VT and IT) Slime will take reduced damage from master h2h and harley/stormwaker blunt damage.
- Duoable with Sam/Dnc + Nin/Dnc
- Duoable with Mnk/Dnc + Nin/War
- Camp: If you're camping them for automaton attachments, the best spot is near the second gate. One Hilltroll Puppetmaster pops around G-7 and the second one pops right in front of the second gate at H-8. If you kill them one after the other, they have plenty of time to respawn. We duo them nin/war and mnk/dnc. They're quite easy to kill if you can cure after Overthrow (which by passes shadows). Just pull the automaton while the puppetmaster is looking away, then pull the troll. Without Treasure Hunter, attachments don't drop very often and we never saw them drop more than one at a time.
- I've been killing these with only Treasure Hunter 1 (/thf30 ;; need to finish it!) and I don't notice a difference in attachment drops related to whether or not the troll has an automaton. Last night I always waited for them to summon one, but today I've been killing them as soon as they pop and the drop rate seems similar (I know it's a very small sample size) and the only double-attachment drop I've gotten was from a troll that hadn't summoned a pet. --Dimi of Carbuncle 18:34, April 6, 2011 (UTC)
- I'm a 90thf/nin TH5. Easy solo, even more of a push over then he doesnt get his puppet out in time. When i proc TH7 on him, he has droped some thing 90% of the time. I would wait till he poped, Right as he pops, SA + Jig up and Proc my TH7 and then beat him down. If you do this he will 99% never spawn his puppet. W/o Puppet spawned Drop rate doesnt change.
- Simple solo at 90RDM/WHM, nuking with Ice Staff and Af hat (low elemental skill). Catch is that I don't have much for nuking gear and working with a hume's MP, I had to Convert for each kill (meaning I only got 1 per 10 minutes). Auto is super resistant to Sleep, so I'd Sabo a Break on it, and log after I dropped the troll to despawn it. Then just keep killing the troll as it spawns, it takes a couple minutes for it to call out the Automaton. Having Convert Recast fully merited would pay off the longer you did this, as I have to hold the Troll for a bit each time. Badough 21:45, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Any Automatons (???%) Droped : Tension Spring II, Analyzer, Heat Seeker, Stabilizer II, Heatsink, Mana Jammer II, Flashbulb, Mana Tank II, Loudspeaker II
Rember i have TH5 procing TH7 on him --Chefm 20:08, June 2, 2011 (UTC)