This quest enlists you in San d'Oria (S)'s campaign division.
To enlist with Bastok (S), see The Fighting Fourth.
To enlist with Windurst (S), see Snake on the Plains.
- Only if this will be your first Campaign nation: obtain a Red Recommendation Letter from Randecque (I-6) in Garlaige Citadel (S).
- This step is not required if you are changing allegiance from another nation.
- Randecque is near Banishing Gate #3. To get there, take the path at the northwest corner of (I-7) on the first map and head east. You will find Randecque at (I-6) on the next map.
- This does not require opening a gate.
- Head to Southern San d'Oria (S) and speak with Mainchelite at (I-9).
- Mainchelite tells you to travel to the nearby holt (forest) and search for clues. Once you have found at least three, report back to him.
- Head to East Ronfaure (S) and examine three ??? in any order to obtain pieces of debris from a downed airship. The locations are:
- Return to Mainchelite with the 3 pieces of debris. Congratulations on becoming a member of The Iron Rams!
- If you are currently a member of another nation, you will not lose a rank. It just resets your evaluation progress.
- If you are changing back to a nation that you have previously belonged to, you will lose your 2 highest medals.
- If you previously belonged to the Iron Rams, you do not have to complete the quest, you merely have to speak to Sir Houilloumie who is directly east of Mainchelite. He will ask you if you wish to return to the Iron Rams, and if you choose so, you will spend 300 allied notes, and lose your 2 highest medals.
- If you are currently a member of another nation you do not need to get the Red Recommendation Letter. After talking with Mainchelite, you can head directly into East Ronfaure (S) to search for the three items.
- Mainchelite - Southern San d'Oria (S) (I-9)
- Recent sightings of an unidentified flying object have the Royal Knights perplexed. Venture out into East Ronfaure and collect three pieces of evidence that may assist the kingdom in its investigation.