Sneak (Status Effect)
Sneak is a beneficial status effect that temporarily muffles a player's footsteps until it wears off or is removed. Benefitting characters will generally not be attacked by enemies that detect or aggro by sound, with some exceptions. The primary exception to this is monsters with the True Sound ability.
Along with Deodorize and Invisible, Sneak is one of the few status effects in the game that will produce warnings in the chat log when it is about to wear off, allowing the player approximately 20-30 seconds to reach a safe spot in a dangerous area before he becomes vulnerable to aggro again. This is somewhat offset by the fact that the duration of Sneak effects is not fixed, and can be very random, sometimes starting to wear off almost immediately after it's applied.
Note: Undead enemies are typically aggressive to sound and Sneak will prevent aggro from them under normal circumstances, but if your HP is below 75%, it is possible for them to "blood aggro" you and attack anyway, regardless of your Sneak status. Similarly, Fomor enemies in ToAU areas will still attack you if you use a Job Ability near them, even if you have Sneak up.
How to remove the effect
- This effect can be removed manually.
- Moving to another zone will remove this effect.
- Performing any sort of aggressive action on an enemy, or having any sort of aggressive action performed on you by an enemy, will cause this effect to be removed. Simply getting aggro isn't enough; they have to successfully attack you in some way, whether from melee or with a spell.
- Opening a coffer or chest will remove sneak.
How the effect is inflicted/gained
- Note: This spell will receive a percentage duration boost by wearing a Skulker's Cape.
- Uses the ninja tool, "Sanjaku-Tenugui".
- Note: This job ability also grants Invisible.