Having a BLU/NIN dual wielding swords for this ISNM sure helps. Main task is to stun (Head Butt) the flan everytime it is possible and to interrupt the Tier III and IV -ga spells. As a bonus Head Butt is doing good damage for the amount of MP it takes.
- Keep shadows up at all times (all party members who can, not just the BLU/NIN).
- Before entering, buff all party members with Stoneskin (Diamondhide) and Hastega (Diffusion - Refueling).
- Whenever you have 100 TP, set off a Light self skill chain (Chain Affinity - Savage Blade - Cannonball, enhanced with Cocoon). This seemed to do a nice chunk of damage each time. You should have sufficient time to do two skill chains.
- Forget about all other BLU magic, except perhaps Magic Fruit to keep the tank alive if you can spare the MP. Focus on stunning with Head Butt.
- A WHM (or at least /WHM) is imperative for this ISNM for Curaga whenever the flan uses Sleepga II (which it does often).
- Make sure all party members have Reraise on (and don't expect your tank to live through the entire battle :).
- Our static got 5 victories in a row with only a 5 member party setup (PLD/WHM, BLU/NIN, WHM/SMN, COR/NIN and NIN/WAR). Fights lasted about 6-8 minutes. --Demetress 23:52, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
Low man Manaburn
Saw discussions about Manaburn is not possible. THAT IS ABSOLUTE NOT TRUE.
- Very very easy doable with RDM/DRK, BLM/RDM, BRD/WHM(Relic).
- Useing normal kiting strategy
- Keep Gravity, Poison II, Bio II(or atleast 4/5 merited BioIII) on all the time. BLM can cast Burn on him too.
- BRD does Ice/Thunder Threnody.
- RDM and BLM share on Stun Aga, if non is Up person with hate just run out of range.
- Bind the Mob whenever it is up or need to rest a bit, Bind + Stun him when you need to turn direction.
- RDM Nukes did 170-290 DMG. (Decent Nukeing gear, Novio,Moldy,Ugga-pendant,AF2+1 Shoes, INT gear, HQ staffs)
- Dont saw BLM dmg, but starting FreezeII/ThundagaIII's allways took ~4% hp of him
- Fastest Run was 11 min with SV used cause it was our last run. 13-15 min average. Even without Relic Brd really easy in time.
Mindi 12:33, 18 March 2009 (UTC)