Trial: Defeat a set number of experience-yielding monsters.
Objective: 250 experience-yielding monsters of the magic pot family.
Equipment: Kubera's Staff must be equipped.
Note, this trial is especially difficult, Pots have a natural 50% Magic Defense Bonus. Stone IV, Stone V, or Stoneja are the only spells that will likely generate enough damage to properly register a kill shot.
- 6 pots in the lower level. Their respawn time is ~15 min making the maximum kill rate ~24/hour
- this place will be the easiest if melee support is available. Respawn time here is 5 min.
- Sinister Seidels in Abyssea - Grauberg west of Veridical Conflux 8 can work. Having Refresh Atmas on and/or Magic ACC+, and Magic ATTk Bonus items helps a LOT! Usually one kill consists of buffs of Blink & Stoneskin & Phalanx, then Thunder V > (pot stops to cast a spell so you can now attempt) Fire V > Bind > Aero V > Gravity > Blizzard V > Thunder IV > Stone V, with rarely a sliver of life left for a Stone IV to kill. Sometimes Stone III will NOT get you the 250+ dmg needed.
- This is also assuming you're using Elemental Staves or any other ToM Staff you macro in to get bonuses. Without them, assume might need some INT food bonuses or MAB+ bonus foods or items.
- Magic Millstones in the Pso'Xja tower at G-9 is your best bet if solo. These are the lowest level eligible pots. They don't hit too hard. If your staff skill is decent, you can melee them down to about 20% then finish them off with Stone V. Downside is the lack of spawns and long respawn time.