The Winds of Time
- Examine the Transcendental Radiance in Empyreal Paradox and enter the battlefield "The Winds of Time".
It appears there is a 10 - 20 minute waiting period before you can enter the fight after the previous mission's CS.Doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I walked up to it after about a minute and was able to do the fight.
- After the last CS, I moved straight to examine the Transcendental Radiance, it only kept saying "You cannot enter the battlefield at present. Please wait a little longer." Without changing areas and without a game day change I waited by the Transcendental Radiance, trying to examine it again in about 10 minutes and it let me in.
- Defeat Metus.
- Has approximately 100,000 HP.
- Metus uses Promathia's TP moves, such as Bastion of Twilight, Wheel of Impregnability, Infernal Deliverance, and Empty Salvation, as well as unique moves Osmotic Wave and Censure.
- Casts Meteor.
- Easily soloable at item level 118 with trusts.
- Do not rely on Balamor's magical auto attacking, it still counts as physical damage for this fight and will not bypass the invincible effect.
- Not that easily soloable. Ensure you have iLvl 119 weapon and some food to help.
- Accomplished on THF99/DNC49 with Item Level 117 (Records of Eminence Espial set, Espial Dagger, Homestead Dagger), using trusts: Trion, Zeid, Adelheid, Cherukiki, and Yoran-Oran(UC); I ate Sole Sushi. Metus appears to be immune to physical damage at times, so a second offensive caster would have worked better. Adelheid ran out of MP well before the fight was over, and one of the WHM trusts ran out of MP, too. Having a second healer saved me. I used an Icarus Wing while I wasn't doing any damage. When physical damage commenced, I SATAed Trion with Shark Bite to finish off Metus who was down to about 2% HP. Many trusts and I dipped into orange HP in the last quarter of the fight.
- After winning the battle, a cutscene will start along with the next mission.
- If you fail, exit the Emperial Paradox and reenter through Reisenjima Sanctorium crystal to obtain a new KI. Use the Dimensional Portal at the Emperial Paradox and select Reisenjima Sanctorium for a new Key Item and a teleport back to the Emperial Paradox. If you are KO'ed then Homepoint, port back to Emperial Paradox to use the Dimensional Portal.
- Mission Orders
- You have shed the last vestiges of your humanity to become a god of light. Altana has revealed the key: the fledgling deities of light and darkness must engage in heated combat to brew up the "winds of time." The Reckoning is at hand!