The Rivalry - The Competition
- Speak to either Joulet to begin The Competition or Gallijaux to begin The Rivalry.
- Trade Moat Carps and/or Forest Carps to whichever brother you accepted the quest from until 10,000 fish are traded.
- You can talk to the brothers again to see which one you've agreed to help.
- You can trade multiple stacks at a time.
- You receive 10 gil for each Moat Carp and 15 gil for every Forest Carp.
- To learn your current total of fish, speak to Ufanne, who stands watch behind the two bickering fishermen. (It is random whether or not she tells you the total. If she does not, simply keep talking to her until she does.)
- You will get Lu Shang's Fishing Rod and the Testimonial upon trading the 10,000th carp.
- Joulet (Wharf, Port San d'Oria)
- Catch moat carp by any means possible so Joulet can win a fishing contest against his elder brother, Gallijaux.
- Gallijaux (Wharf, Port San d'Oria)
- Catch moat carp by any means possible so Gallijaux can win a fishing contest against his little brother, Joulet.