Summarized the "Other Uses" section when I used the item myself. The original was as follows:
- According to forums, the effect of the Potage is to erase an ability from your chocobo. Unfortunately it is not mentioned how that works, so be aware if your bird has two abilities, that it might erase any of them.
- It seems a total of seven lethe potage can be traded to a starving chocobo. We traded a total of six to bring the chocobo to "quite full." The first three were traded one at a time.
- The first three single trades did not result in any apparent changes.
- Three were traded all at once on the fourth trade. While there was no apparent animation or message regarding the ability, it was no longer listed among the chocobo's statistics.
- Used one lethe pottage to strip Gallop off a newborn chick. Worked 1st try.
The potage made my adolescent chocobo glow green and took her from starving to neither hungry nor full. Removed the ability using only one. It had no other noticeable effect on my choco. --Lastarael 04:26, November 23, 2010 (UTC)
After research, this appears to have varying results... it could take anywhere from 1-3 feedings, possibly more. Only attempted to remove one ability, but it did work instantly after the third feeding, so keep giving it to the bird until you go to "Ask About Your Chocobo" and see that the ability is gone. Tamsin Keshai 15:23, 8 August 2008 (UTC)
Having accidently taught my chocobo an ability I cooked some of these to try to unlearn it. I fed her one, and she forgot the ability she had just learned (Cantor) and not her first ability (Treasure Hunter). I can't say if it was luck or if that's how these work, but I wanted to share my experience. She was "quite full" at the time and 1 Lethe Potage made her "completely full."--Yumei Angel 14:28, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Friend of mine synthed this for me, managed to make 10, dunno if you can get 8 with HQ2 and that's HQ3, so I put it up on the page as a ? XD --Taruzard 16:27, June 19, 2010 (UTC)