Trial Size Trial by Earth
(The reputation requirement of the Trial Size quests is no longer required)
- Speak to Ferrol in Port Bastok, located at I-8 near the drawbridge. You must speak to Ferrol as a Summoner.
- If you qualify, he will give you a Mini Tuning Fork of Earth.
- This item is not a Key Item like the regular Tuning Forks, but is a Rare/Exclusive item that needs to go in your inventory.
- When you are ready to go, return to Ferrol and trade him the Mini Tuning Fork of Earth (he does not keep the fork) and be warped to the cloister for the fight.
- Trade the Mini Tuning Fork to the protocrystal to enter the battle.
- Note that if you do not trade the Mini Tuning Fork and instead just select the protocrystal, you will enter the regular level 60+ party avatar battle if you have the regular tuning fork key item.
- Defeat him for your reward.
- This is a solo battle.
- There is a level 20 cap on this battle.
- There is a 15 minute time limit.
- You can only use Carbuncle.
- Keep up Barstonra at all times.
- Try to fight Titan Prime on Windsday and do not fight him on Earthsday.
If you fail you will have to wait one real life day to try this fight again.
(This penalty is out of date, you can now retry anytime you wish, and there are homepoints outside the cloisters for teleportation)
- When you complete this quest you keep the Mini Tuning Fork of Earth, although Ferrol will not warp you to the protocrystal a second time.
Most summoners recommend you never complete this quest, as the ability to instant warp to prime avatar at any time is worth a lot more in the long run.
(As of October 2015 Home Points have been added to the entrance of any Cloister, thus making it possible to warp instantly even after completing Trial Size quests).
- Ferrol (Near drawbridge, Port Bastok)
- The Rhinostery has developed a new "mini" tuning fork of earth. Ringing it upon the protocrystal in the Quicksand Caves will open the path to a one-on-one battle with the beast that awaits inside. However, only summoners are allowed to take up this challenge.