Survival of the Wisest
- Zone into present-day Xarcabard on Scholar level 66 or higher for a cutscene. You need to have all Scholar Artifact quests completed to receive the cutscene and begin this quest.
- You have to until game day change after completing the previous quest in order to get this cutscene in Xarcabard.
- Obtain a Scholar's Testimony from Orcs in East Ronfaure (S) or the The Eldieme Necropolis (S). The Orcs in East Ronfaure (S) are weaker and respawn in only 5 minutes (as opposed to 15 minutes in Eldieme), and they are easier to reach.
- Trade the Scholar's Testimony to the Indescript Markings at (G-8)/(H-8) in present-day Xarcabard and you will be transported to the Throne Room.
- Touch the door to the Throne Room for another cutscene.
- Trade the Scholar's Testimony to the Throne Room to enter the battlefield. Your testimony will begin to wear and will be rendered unusable after 2 more attempts, and will remain in your inventory with no apparent changes. If you fail the battle 3 times, be sure to drop this unusable testimony before attempting to acquire another. They are Rare, so you can only have one in your inventory at a time.
- You will enter a battle against Gunther and the Crimson Grimoire. You have 10 minutes to defeat Gunther. It is not necessary to defeat the Crimson Grimoire to win.
- In the event that you are knocked unconscious during the fight, you will NOT lose EXP if you have not completed another level 71 limit break. However, if you have completed a level 71 limit break quest on another job, you WILL lose EXP.
- Professor Schultz (Xarcabard)
- What will be the first and final assignment given to you by Gunther Schultz II, the legendary reformer of military strategy? Your rite of passage begins by obtaining a scholar's testimony...