Controls the AI of the Automaton.
- Magic +2
Each category of magic has a separate recast timer, while the automaton also has a universal recast timer which determines the minimum time between any two spells being cast.
- ~4 second universal delay.
- ~4 second Enfeebling delay.
- ~15 second Healing delay (Cures, Regens).
- ~15 second Enhancing delay.
- ~15 second Status Removal delay.
- Remains stationary when deployed within ~15 yalms of the target, if deployed outside this range the automaton will close to melee distance.
- Will only move if the enemy is out of casting range or when it is out of MP.
- Magic is only used when attached to the Stormwaker or Harlequin Frame.
Spell Casting Priority
Spells and Maneuvers
Maneuvers increase the priority of spells of their respective element.
- With one active light maneuver, automatons will prioritize HP recovery over curing status ailments. Automatons will also prioritize HP recovery when HP level is extremely low.
- It will cure the master and puppet first, prioritizing whoever has more hate. It will then prioritize whichever party member has the most hate. Healing and -na spells on party members requires a light and water maneuver respectively. Cures only occur when below a certain percentage of health. For more information on the health percentages that influence curing priority, see the Damage Gauge article. Status removal will be prioritized over curing, regardless of maneuvers or other triggers.
- Regen will be cast on the party member (including the automaton) with hate when their HP is high. Regen will only be cast when the master, puppet or party member is fighting a mob within five levels below the target's level or higher . Regen is cast based on the spell targets level versus the mobs level, so if in a party where the mob checks as too weak to the master but Even Match to another member the puppet will cast regen on that member but never on the master.
- There is no known maneuver that will trigger regen.
- The automaton will not cast spells on alliance members, adventuring fellows, other pets or quest NPC's.
Spells become available as Automaton Magic Skill increases.
How to Obtain