Blade of Evil
(Redirected from Paragon of Dark Knight Excellence)
- Head to Beadeaux as a Dark Knight for a cutscene with Zeid.
*You can be on any job from here on.
- Obtain a vial of Quadav Mage Blood, which is dropped by Topaz Quadav and Spinel Quadav.
- If more than one Dark Knight is doing this quest, only one vial of this blood is needed.
- Head to the seventh floor of Delkfutt's Tower and use the teleporter "I" at (J-6).
- You should end up in a small room on the Sixth floor.
- When ready, trade the Quadav Mage Blood to the ??? to spawn an Evil Weapon named Gerwitz's Scythe and two Skeletons named Scythe Victim.
- Any duo of characters around level 75 should be fully capable of taking down all three. (see testimonials)
- Whoever trades must have the quest active, so you must farm your own Blood. A friend/alt can't trade the item for you.
- These monsters cannot be "sneak popped" to fight only one of them. All three will attack immediately when spawned.
- Only Gerwitz's Scythe must be defeated and thus, if you were to be defeated after killing Gerwitz's Scythe, it is possible to be raised or come back from Home Point for the reward.
- A good strategy is to have three different people "tanking". One to tank the weapon, and two more to hold the victims and a healer for support, along with other DDs. Pick the skeletons off as fast as possible, then have everyone focus on the weapon. Once the victims are down, it should be just a straight up fight.
- After defeating Gerwitz's Scythe, or all three, take the teleporter out and you will receive a cutscene and your reward.
*If you lose the fight, you will need another Quadav Mage Blood to respawn the NMs.
See the Video page.
- One of Gerwitz's weapons is running amok. You must go to the place where the Crystal Lines converge, use the blood of a powerful Quadav to lure it out, and then defeat the evil weapon that appears.