Maa Illmu the Bestower
A, L, (T)S
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawns in the small round room in the South West corner of I-8 on the third map.
- Uses Benediction.
- Has about 12,000 HP
- Extremely high rate of spellcasting. When one spell finishes, it will cast another one after 1-2 seconds.
- Spams Cure V almost constantly, even if its HP is full.
- If Protect, Shell, or Haste become inactive, it may cast one of these in lieu of a Cure V. In this way, its rate of Cures may be slightly reduced by keeping these buffs dispelled.
- NM actually has a high rate of melee attacks, but due to its predominantly spellcasting behavior, it will only get the chance to attack once between every 3-4 spells if it is not silenced. Its true attack rate becomes more apparent when the NM is silenced.
- Immune to spell interruption from melee attacks. Only stuns and silence will interrupt it.
- Has immensely high MP and/or rate of Refresh. Even with spamming Cure V, it seems incapable of running out of MP on its own, even after multiple hours of fighting.
- Will not use TP moves unless silenced - when Silence is inflicted it will immediately use Shirahadori if it has TP, and it will start to attack at its "normal" high rate due to being unimpeded by spell casts.
- Gains access to Holy while below approximately 66% HP. Other spells may also become "unlocked" in this fashion. (If its HP rises back above this level, it will lose access to Holy.)
- Susceptible to Silence, but wears off more quickly than normal.
- Susceptible to Stun and Addle.
- Appears to be highly resistant to Paralyze.
- This NM's behavior can be exploited by players to use it as a "skillup mob", as it attacks infrequently and regularly cures itself. However, note that unlike a target such as a Zvahl Fortalice, this NM does attack back and will eventually KO an inattentive/unprepared player.