|Arrapago Reef||82 - 83||
||1||S, H |
HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime; A(R) = Aggressive to Reive participants
- Spawned by trading a Greenling to the ??? at Arrapago Reef (Map 1) (I-9). Go through the gate at (I-8) to get to the spawn point. You need a Lamian Fang Key to open the gate.
- Alternatively, you may take Ilrusi Atoll Staging Point to access this spawn without obtaining a key, but this requires travelling past dangerous creatures through the border crossingpoint A.
- Alternatively the survival guide teleport places you at the start of Map 1 (H-11).
- There may be an Archaic Mirror and guards near the pop area. This severely limits the kiting area. However, it may still be possible to kite Lil' Apkallu depending on the party setup. (see talk page)
- Arrapago Apkallu link with this NM. (see testimonials)
- Counters and Guards, but rarely.
- Immune to Bind, Gravity, Sleep, and Elegy.
- Very resistant or immune to Slow.
- Resistant, although not immune, to Poison.
- Susceptible to Paralyze and Stun.
- Can be easily kited without speed enhancement.
- Seems to generate a large amount of Apkallu hate, making it hard to be killed solo multiple times. The time it spends running around after Yawn becomes shorter, Poison becomes difficult to land, and nukes are more frequently resisted.
- Rarely uses Frigid Shuffle, which paralyzes a small AoE; if facing away, paralyze doesn't take effect (similar to Yawn).
- Wing Slap deals ~600 to a player with 400 defense.
- (see testimonials).
Lil' Apkallu's TP Pattern
- Uses abilities like Frigid Shuffle and Beak Lunge randomly, but when it uses Yawn a pattern begins.
- After using Yawn, Lil' Apkallu runs around aimlessly without a target. During this time, no hate is generated by actions performed by players.
- This is a good time to heal up and nuke without generating enmity.
- After running around, Lil' Apkallu uses Wing Whirl as its next TP move, but it needs enough TP first. Wing Whirl is used one to five times back-to-back, with only 100% TP needed to begin.
- Wing Whirl is a strong physical AoE with a long range that can be absorbed by 3 shadows. Lil' Apkallu can be kited to avoid most damage from this attack.
- Late in the fight, Lil' Apkallu may use Hundred Fists after running around and before beginning the Wing Whirl barrage.